Grow a Rainbow Experiment
Why don't you try this rainbow science experiment at home.
- Paper Towel
- Washable Markers
- 2 Small Glasses
- Fold over a piece of paper towel (so you have 2 pieces on top of each other). Trim the length to be 7.5 inches (any longer and the rainbow may not connect fully).
- Draw rectangles of the rainbow colours on each end.
- Place 2 cups with water filled 3/4 full. You only want the bottom of the paper towel in so leave some space from the top of the cup.
- The washable marker dye with slowly make it's way up with the water to meet the other side in the centre of the paper towel.
- Leave the paper towel for 10-15 minutes and it will eventually connect the colours together.