What is the government’s 'funded’ childcare offering?
Burgh Wood Montessori Nursery School is pleased to offer funded childcare for all eligible families. All 3 and 4-year-olds in England currently receive 15 hours a week government funded early education, which equates to 570 hours per year.
If a child’s parents are living and working in England, 3 and 4-year-olds may be entitled to 30 hours funded childcare, which is up to 1,140 hours per year in total! The 15 hours and 30 hours government funded early education is offered to parents over a 38 week period in the academic year.
If your child is eligible to access funded hours, funding starts from the beginning of the term following your child’s 3rd birthday.
- The parent (and their partner where applicable) should be seeking the government funded childcare to enable them to work.
- Parents must earn or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wageover the coming three months.
- Where a parent is in a ‘start-up period’ (i.e. they are newly self-employed) they do not need to demonstrate that they meet the income criteria for 12 months Advanced settings.
- Your child / children must be either 3 or 4 years old. You can apply for funding in the term prior to your child’s 3rd birthday but the funding will not apply until the term after they turn 3.
- Parents must earn or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months.
- This equates to £120 a week for each parent over 25 years old or £112.80 a week for each parent between 21 and 24 years old and £56 a week for apprentices in their first year.
- You can’t get 30 hours free childcare if you, or your partner, expect to earn £100,000 or more.
- This offer is for working families in England.
- If one or both parents is a non-EEA national, the parent applying must have recourse to public funds.
- If one or both parents is a non-EEA national and the parent applying does not have recourse to public funds, you will not be eligible.
- For more information about eligibility criteria, please visit the Childcare Choices website or download the Department for Education eligibility document by clicking the link below.